2.26.2008

Greek InterVarsity

This past weekend Daniel and I had the opportunity to fly to Greensboro, NC to partake in the Greek Intervarsity conference: Connect. "Greek InterVarsity is part of a non-denominational Christian organization (InterVarsity) that seeks to reach and be a spiritual resource specifically to the Fraternities and Sororities across the country with the message of Christ."

When I was a sophomore at James Madison University, I pledged Delta Delta Delta. However, immediately after pledging I transferred to Penn State, where I assimilated into Tri Delt there. Looking back, I have regrets about not staying at JMU and being sisters with the wonderful gals that I pledged with. There were so many wonderful Delts at JMU. The girls at PSU were great as well, but it was obvious that I didn't truly fit into that chapter the way I did at JMU.

Although I didn't fully "click" with the girls at PSU, I know that God had me there for a reason. Through my experiences with Tri Delt at Penn State, I got involved with a fabulous fundraiser- Penn State Dance Marathon- more affectionately known as THON. While planning THON 2003, I met Ross Shearer, a friend who eventually led me into an understanding of who Jesus is and how much He loves me. (*the prayers of the saints are effective*)


As I ponder my college experiences, both positive and negative, I am amazed at how much God has transformed my life. He has taken me on an amazing journey and I still follow Him where He takes me.


The conference this weekend reminded me not only of what God has saved me from, but also how much of a need there is for Greek students to know Him and love Him. This weekend God showed Daniel and I what an amazing, and challenging, opportunity it would be to work with Greek students at a local college.


I could go on and on about how wonderful the conference was and how much respect I have for Greek IV, but for some reason the words just aren't coming to me right now. Please pray that I will follow God's will for my life and that I will trust in His plans alone.


No comments:

A New Season

I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...