3.31.2008

Waiting

We are still waiting to hear back from the homeowners regarding our bid. They have until the end of today, the 31st, to respond. Though I love this house, I know we could find another home that we'd be just as happy in if this falls through; however, I will still tossing and turning all last night, dreaming about negotiations. I would honestly rather just give them their listing price, but of course, this is not how business is done.

This morning the Lord was gracious and spoke to me in my devotional time. Each day I read a passage from this great book that Jessica gave me: Come Away My Beloved. Today's passage was talking about the armor of God. I have been wrapped up in finding this adorable house and making it look cute and today's passage spoke into that:

"Yes, My people, this is hand-to-hand combat. You shall stand against the foe face to face. You will not turn in retreat les you be slain; for there is no armor to protect the back. The coward will perish. You have not wrestled in any measure such as He, the Lord Jesus. You are not prepared to enter into this conflict as long as you are absorbed in the luxuries and the personal comforts of normal life. For every soldier must give first place to his obligation to the armed forces, and second place to his own private life and wishes. Even so you must do, if you would be My followers. Even so did Jesus during His earthly ministry. His entire life was subordinated to the Father's will. As it is written, "Christ did not please himself." Romans 15:3."

So, may the Lord continue to sanctify me through and through and set my heart on him, as I will find no joy in any earthly thing, but in Him alone. Material possessions, such as houses and furniture, are fleeting, but the Lord is eternal. It's OK for me to enjoy this those things, so long as Christ is first in my heart.

No comments:

A New Season

I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...