4.04.2008

"Put Away the Idols"

Doesn't God always use our devotionals to speak right into our hearts? How does He always do that?? From today's Come Away My Beloved...


"Put Away the Idols"


"They complained against the landowner, saying, 'These last men have worked only one hour, and you made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the heat of the day.' But he answered one of them and said, 'Friend, I am doing you no wrong...I wish to give to this last man the same as to you."

Matthew 20:11-14


...For I love My people, My chose and elect; and My heart grieves over them, because they are turned aside. They have known My love; yes, they have tasted of My goodness and entered into my grace, and I have given them My salvation; but their love has grown cold, their desires have turned to others, and their ways are the paths of self-seeking and folly.


For I am a jealous God and I will not share my My glory with another. Yes, I will pour out My goodness without restraint upon every open heart; and to all who cry out to Me, I will be gracious.


But My people have not cried; they have not called. They have been satisfied with the husks of this present world, and in an hour of indifference, they have allowed the pleasures of this life to fill that place which belongs only to Me. Yes, it has displeased My Spirit, but it does not satisfy.


O that they might return to Me, for as the father awaited the return of the prodigal, so I long for My people. My heart is lifted up with grief, and My tears flow as a fountain. For I love them. My soul is drawn out to them.


Return to Me, and I will return to you. Put away the idols, and give Me your heart. Lay your heart upon before Me, and I will purge away the dross. I will cleanse it and fill it with My glory....And your health will return to you, and your vigor, and you will serve Me with fresh energy. You shall go forth in new power, and My joy shall be your constant portion.


No comments:

A New Season

I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...