5.30.2009
Baby Blues
Though "baby blues" is perhaps a cutesy name for post-partum depression, I'd like to say that I have the baby blues right now...as in, I am blue because I don't have a baby. Many, if not most, of our friends are pregnant or the proud parents of an infant. Due to my ministry and Daniel's work, we have decided to wait another year or so before we start trying to conceive. But I wonder, is this submission to God? What does it look like to submit to God in family planning? If we planned out any other area of our lives in this way, we would easily admit that we were trying to be in control and not allowing God to be...so why do we make decisions this way when it comes to family planning? I am beginning to wrestle through what it looks like to submit to God in the world of babies, especially when you want one, but think you "should" wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A New Season
I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...
1 comment:
jaimer - i can totally relate to this. i struggled with this as well... and eric was the one who really wanted to wait about 3 years before starting a family. so... i submitted to him... and prayed for him. it was difficult, and there were many arguments in the process of my submission. but once i finally handed it over and let it go... and really prayed that God would speak to eric about our family planning and that i would be OK with whatever... it wasn't too long before eric came to me and said it was time to start. which really threw me! i didn't expect it at all. not saying that's what will happen - but my advice (which isn't always fantastic, but still) would be to submit to daniel. and trust and pray that God would speak to him about your family planning. i love you. you will be a fantastic momma :) and it will come really soon no matter when it is! plus, you'll learn so many valuable lessons from our horrid mistakes ;)
Post a Comment