
Mother always knows best, right? Well, maybe not in this case... When Daniel and I were looking at homes to buy, we were astounded by the amount of (cute) house you could get for a small price in Lansdowne. My parents steered us away from buying in Lansdowne because of their infamous school district, which explains for the low home values. Knowing that I wouldn't want our children in a horrible school district and that we'd want a decent resale value on our home, we listened to my parents' advice.
I just got back from the Regency Cafe and the Lansdowne Farmers Market. It turns out that Lansdowne is having a little revival of sorts. At the end of the month, Sycamore, an adorable new BYO is opening. The small town boasts arts festivals, music festivals, its own orchestra and independent movie theater. As I drove home through the wide, tree-lined streets, I lamented taking my parents' advice. There is even talk of redistricting the school district. Ah!
Well, even if we don't live there, we can still enjoy all that Lansdowne has to offer :)
No comments:
Post a Comment