7.15.2009

God is so Good:: Newport Beach, CA

Earlier this year I shared with Daniel that I really wanted to take a vacation this summer. He told me that we didn't have money for one, but I was determined. Daniel started praying and I had faith that we'd find a way to take a vacation. We particularly wanted to visit California, as we had both been for short periods of time and had loved our separate experiences. Some of the students I work with at Penn through Greek IV hail from California. I wondered if they knew anyone who needed a house sitter? Sure enough, one student's dad sent out an email to the faculty at his school and found a place for us to stay- in Newport Beach! So, here we are, at an amazing apartment complex in Newport Beach, sandwiched between the beautiful back bay and Fashion Island. Not only is our housing free, but we also used credit card miles to fly out to California AND a student's family is letting us use their family car while they are away on vacation. Wow, God is so good.

Day 1: Our layover in Salt Lake City, Utah was longer than expected because they cancelled our initial flight to OC. However, we scored a free lunch from the airline and had time to relax in the airport after our 5 hour flight. Upon landing in OC, we took a taxi the short ride to the apartment complex where we are staying. The owner's mom let us into the apartment and showed us around the facilities: Gym, 8 pools, hair salon, cafe, etc! After we settled in, we had groceries delivered to the apartment so we won't have to eat out! Loved this service :) Then we went for a jog along the back bay (see photo above). After our jog we ate some dinner and I quickly became deliriously tired. While I went to bed, Daniel picked up the car we are borrowing.

Day 2, Part 1: I slept for 11 hours last night! Beautiful! I am headed out to Salon Gregories in a few minutes to use the SpaFinder.com gift certificate my amazing students gave to me for my birthday. I am very excited to get a deep tissue massage and an eyebrow wax. Afterwards I hope for a long, relaxing quiet time with the Lord and then maybe a kayak ride.

Hope you all sense God's provision and goodness today as well :)

No comments:

A New Season

I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...