
Top 10 Things I Love about California
1. The weather: Our 10 days in July consisted of 10 days of 80 degrees with sunshine, nice breeze and no humidity. Perfect.
2. Architecture: There is such a variety of interesting architecture. The building materials, the paint colors, the use of glass were all remarkable.
3. Flora & Fauna: There was also great diversity in nature. Flowers, grasses, trees, cacti, mountains, the sea, etc. It was all gorgeous.
4. Wine: You can get wine (or beer or liquor) anywhere and everywhere. You don't have to take a separate trek to the "state store."
5. God: I think God has a special heart for California, or maybe He just likes to use California for some reason- but many revivals have been born out of California, specifically Orange County. We experienced a taste of that when we visited a Vineyard house church in Fountain Valley.
6. Shopping: Lots of good shopping. I love the clothes in California. I wish I lived in a place where I could wear dresses and skirts every day without fearing for cold, wet legs.
7. Art: There is lots of art everywhere. Even the state fair had an art show. Street performers, musicians and artists are part of the DNA of many CA towns.
8. Wheels: I love Californian's obsessions with their wheels: muscle cars, beach cruisers, segways, skateboards, surfboards (ok, maybe they don't have wheels). Everyone has very interesting modes of transportation, which they seem to thoroughly enjoy.
9. Bugs: There are none. I didn't see a single mosquito or bee.
10. Enjoyment: When in Cali, you get the sense that life is to be enjoyed not just "gotten through."
No comments:
Post a Comment