

At this very moment I am sitting in the Tampa airport (which is far superior to PHL), awaiting my flight back to Philly. This past weekend I visited with family and the folks at their church that support Penn Greek IV. My parents are just SO good to me. I am so thankful for them.
I landed very late on Thursday evening and my dad picked me up from the airport. Friday morning he and I went out on the boat with my sister. We docked by a sandbar and saw a sting ray and some dolphins! We also went fishing. I "caught" one fish. I use "" because it jumped off the line as I was reeling it in. It was an exciting few moments. That evening we went next door to celebrate Michael's birthday. Michael is their 58 year old next door neighbor who has autism. He has a great fellow and he has SO many friends. It was a great birthday party. Saturday morning my mom was hard at work preparing all of the food and cleaning for the lunch we would have on Sunday after church for my support team. In the afternoon she and I visited the outlet mall where mama bought me a pair of jeans and a pair of tights. At night we had dinner and drinks at Woody's River Roo, which is a redneck outdoor bar that has karaoke on Saturday nights. You see all sorts of characters there! On Sunday morning we went to their church, which I love. The people at WestCoast are filled with joy and the pastors preach such good messages. After church we had a yummy lunch and I gave a presentation about Penn Greek IV. We all had a good time together. I am always so blessed by their love, joy and generosity- especially considering I barely know these people. They are so amazing. I feel like Paul, being filled with joy every time he thinks of the people who supported his ministry to the Gentiles. In the evening we visited with mom's friend Dee, who is a dear, and zipped over to Target, where I found a cute dress for Evan and Liz's rehearsal dinner. All in all, it was a good weekend, and I am so thankful for my parent's generosity, servanthood and sacrifice. They are such loves. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment