I am an overly anxious mama. When I go for (what I deem) too long without feeling baby move, I get overly anxious and assume he is dead. Sane, right? I know that it's normal to feel the baby sporadically when you are only 23 weeks along, and yet I still allow my mind to go crazy. I know I need to give this child over to God and to trust Him with our baby. I need to start to learn that lesson now because it's not something that will ever go away...I will never have control over my child's life and wellbeing. I can do what is within my realm of control to protect my child, but most things in his life will be outside of my control. So instead of fretting about the lack of consistent baby movement, maybe I should focus my energies on not eating so much dessert because, hey, that is within my sphere of influence. :)
2.16.2010
Anxious
I am an overly anxious mama. When I go for (what I deem) too long without feeling baby move, I get overly anxious and assume he is dead. Sane, right? I know that it's normal to feel the baby sporadically when you are only 23 weeks along, and yet I still allow my mind to go crazy. I know I need to give this child over to God and to trust Him with our baby. I need to start to learn that lesson now because it's not something that will ever go away...I will never have control over my child's life and wellbeing. I can do what is within my realm of control to protect my child, but most things in his life will be outside of my control. So instead of fretting about the lack of consistent baby movement, maybe I should focus my energies on not eating so much dessert because, hey, that is within my sphere of influence. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A New Season
I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...
No comments:
Post a Comment