2.09.2010

Your Best Birth

During my lovely visit to the library today I picked up the book Your Best Birth by Ricki Lake (yes, that Ricki Lake) and Abby Epstein. I can't put it down. It is very enlightening and I think should be recommended reading for every pregnant woman.

Why was my visit to the library so lovely, you ask? Not only did I select many books that I am excited to read, but I was thrilled to discover that the traumatic dungeon of a children's section of my youth has been replaced by a loving space where children frolic and read with their parents out loud. As Daniel says, there were deer in the meadow and bunnies hopping around. It makes me so happy to know that that evil cronies have retired and that my child will have a lovely space for story time.

1 comment:

julie said...

this made me laugh out loud.

A New Season

I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...