4.23.2010

33 Week Update

Today I had my 33 week check up at The Birth Center. I had more questions this time so the midwife, Denise, took her time in answering all of my questions, which I really appreciated. The appointment went as usual: normal weight gain, normal proteins and sugars in my urine, normal blood pressure (which, for me, is really low: 98/58!), normal fetal heart rate (150's), normal uterus size, etc. Everything looks good and the baby is positioned perfectly. She told him to stay just like that. Don't move!
Tomorrow we have our day-long childbirth class. It is not ideal to take this class in one fell swoop, but it was all we could manage as I often work in the evenings. They encourage women who take the day-long class to also prepare ourselves by reading lots of books. I have been reading a lot and am currently reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I am enjoying this book and the midwife suggested I also read Ina May's first book, Spiritual Midwifery. Some of what Ina May and her midwives do seem a little kooky to me, but overall, I am amazed at their birthing skills and their devotion to and love for babies and mothers. It makes me excited for my own labor and delivery!
I have been experiencing a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions and have been having more and more trouble sleeping at night. Overall, things are still great and I am very excited to meet this little man! The question is, will he come near his due date, or on the full moon- 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after his due date? Hmm...

No comments:

A New Season

I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...