![]() |
| Snuggling Kitty and Baby |
The other night when I laid Liam down to sleep, we sang our usual songs and prayed our usual prayers. He often volunteers someone or something he wants to thank God for- diggers, Wanner, Uncle, broccoli, pie. But on this particular evening he said " 'nuggle Jesus." I told him that I understood why he wanted to snuggle Jesus, but that, unfortunately, we couldn't; I explained that we could, however, keep talking to Him in prayer.
Our little conversation made me chuckle because isn't that just the human condition in a nutshell? Wanting to see the unseen and touch the untouchable? So begins a lifetime of Liam learning that God really is there, even if we can't see Him or physically touch Him right now.
We know that the apostle referred to as "Doubting" Thomas needed tangible proof into order to believe in the resurrection of his Lord. Jesus was gracious and allowed Thomas to touch His pierced, yet risen, body, causing Thomas to cry out in belief. To this Jesus replied,
“Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” (John 20:29)
Later, the apostle Peter wrote to the persecuted church, most of whom had never seen Jesus (alive or resurrected),
"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls." (1 Peter 1:8-9)I hope that Liam never loses his desire to 'nuggle Jesus- to know Him better, to show his love to Him, to be close with Him. Blessing and joy will be all his!

2 comments:
Tears.
So incredibly beautiful.
Post a Comment