Liam's interest in arts and crafts has really taken off. He spends every free minute "markering" and "scissoring." We were thoroughly impressed with last evening's renditions of a pig and "the colors on TV." Might I add, the extreme wastefulness of creativity is astounding.
Maggie has new found verbal and gross motor skills. That is, if pulling books off of shelves and arching one's back in a tantrum constitute gross motor skills.
Daniel has been in mega crunch mode with his start-up, eduschedu. I am super proud of the work he has done and was willing to participate and lighten his work load a little. I even earned myself a $21 paycheck.
$$ Cash rules everything around me. CREAM got the money. Dolla dolla bill, ya'll. $$
As for me, in addition to my incessant job search for a part-time position, I have thoroughly enjoyed my usuals: reading and watching Parenthood, Grimm and The Bachelor (ahem, I mean...) If you have any amount of free time, please read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. For lighter, happier chick lit books sans the tawdry sex, The Wednesday Sisters and The Wednesday Daughters by Meg Waite Clayton are also good reads.
Speaking of tawdry sex, did anyone else think Amy Adams and Bradley Cooper were a little unnecessary in American Hustle? Or, I don't know, maybe their connection was necessary to the plot; I just got a little tired of staring at her cleavage the entire movie. Which was good but, I think, overrated. 12 Years a Slave was a much better film and I am hoping that Oscar recognizes this. Besides, did anyone else feel like AH was just too similar to Silver Linings Playbook? I felt like Bradley Cooper's and Jennifer Lawrence's AH characters were nearly interchangeable with those in SLP. Disappointing.
Ok a 3.5 year old is wailing at my elbow. Goodbye for now.

1 comment:
Your comment about the "extreme wastefulness of creativity" made me laugh because I can completely relate. I can't tell you how much paper was used while Nick was on a paper airplane kick.
I also agree with your views on "12 Years A Slave". I enjoyed American Hustle but felt that Slave was better.
Glad to hear the update and glad everything is going well with Daniels project. Be Well!
Post a Comment