Yesterday I met with my pastor and another gal from church and my whole "fear of man" issue came up. It is becoming more and more of a problem and is really detrimental to my relationships with others and to my ministry. I know I really need to work through this issue and I know God wants me to. I have had situation after situation this year that have really highlighted my need to move past my insecurities and truly get grounded in the Lord- find my confidence and worth in Him alone. Daniel has been so faithful to help me through this, but I really want to tackle it and move past it.... it is an issue I have dealt with my whole life and it has really hindered living freely and confidently. It really robs me of joy and actually makes me an emotional wreck at times.
This past weekend was such fun. I was able to catch up with my so many girlfriends and discuss marital issues, female issues, etc. I felt so comforted to know that lots of people struggle with the same issues I do. There was lots of laughing and lots of tears this weekend, and I think it was very cathartic. I am glad God is doing this work in me and surrounding me with such awesome friends and sisters to navigate these waters with.
No comments:
Post a Comment