1.23.2008

Goals

Today was my final day of work at The Salvation Army. I am sad to leave behind many of my wonderful co-workers who have been a joy and a blessing to work with. Tomorrow I begin my new post: caring for a little 5 month old baby girl named Charlie. As I care for Charlie, take more classes at WTS, and discern God's will for Intervarsity, I need to make some goals for myself. If I don't make goals, I am likely to be come lonely and depressed in a world void of co-workers and real people. Thus, I will brainstorm here and make goals for myself for the next 5 months.

1. Focus on my studies at WTS. Don't just get by, but actually learn!

2. Train hard for the Broad Street Run and the Triathalon.

3. Grow closer to God by being more disciplined: prayer, fasting, etc.

4. Volunteer somewhere one day a week!

5. Do creative writing exercises. If I ever want to be a published writer, I have to start somewhere!

6. Try new recipes and be an overall blessing to my husband and those who visit our home.

That's good for now.

:)

2 comments:

julie said...

how exciting!!! :) love you girl

Anonymous said...

hi jamie! i love reading your blog:) i love your goals...i am a goal girl myself, and am inspired to now write my own list:)

A New Season

I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...