Tonight I had plans to have dinner and drinks with girlfriends of mine- 2 of whom I have known since 1st grade and another whom I have known since 7th grade. After taking my grandparents out to lunch, taking a nap, going to the gym, and thinking about how jam-packed tomorrow is (Mother's Day), I just couldn't bring myself to drive into the city, battle for a parking spot, spend money and then drive back home. I felt bad cancelling on my friends, but it was necessary.
After eating dinner I started on the laundry and Daniel went into his studio to record some new music.
While I baked the strawberry pie for Mother's Day lunch at my in-laws tomorrow, I listened to NPR- my favorite! Considering this is my first pie, it came out beautifully! I used this recipe for the crust: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pie-Crust-IV/Detail.aspx And this recipe for the Strawberry Pie: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/The-Old-Boys-Strawberry-Pie/Detail.aspx It smells so delicious, we can't wait to eat it tomorrow! I hope my mother-in-law enjoys it!Right now I am watching the movie Why Did I Get Married? So, all in all, it's been a good night!
*Not sure how to post these pictures in a pretty way!*



No comments:
Post a Comment