6.20.2009

Sadness

My heart is filled with sadness today. There is so much brokenness around us and the three weeks of rain does not help this gloom pass away quickly.

Why is it that the deaths and heartache of people I barely know or don't even know at all, can affect me so much? I am upset by the brokenness and despair in this world. I am sad that children don't have their parents and that parents don't have their children. I am sad that people try to fill their emptiness with things that break their hearts and lives even more.

In the midst of this, God has shown me how blessed I am and He has given me a spirit of gratitude for all that I have and for the hope and purpose that He gives me. I just pray that others will find comfort in Him as well...

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name." Psalm 147:3-4


No comments:

A New Season

I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...