Wow. This picture is huge and I can't shrink it, because I am computer illiterate. So, I love this woman: Kristie Moore, member of the Canadian Women's Curling Team. Have I watched the Olympics at all? No. I only know about her because I read the news headlines on my homepage. Nonetheless, I love this woman because she is a pregnant athlete and she is not pregorexic! While I am happy that so many celebrities have realized they can be actresses AND moms, I am not pleased with the standard they have set for pregnant women in our country. While it used to be normal to gain weight while pregnant, we now have this false notion that we are supposed to be stick leg figures with round baby bumps. The reality, in my world at least, is that pregnant women gain weight everywhere- not just in their bellies- and that is normal. And I think it is pretty evident in Kristie Moore, too. This is an Olympic athlete who appears sturdy and strong and round and I love her for it!2.17.2010
Love Her!
Wow. This picture is huge and I can't shrink it, because I am computer illiterate. So, I love this woman: Kristie Moore, member of the Canadian Women's Curling Team. Have I watched the Olympics at all? No. I only know about her because I read the news headlines on my homepage. Nonetheless, I love this woman because she is a pregnant athlete and she is not pregorexic! While I am happy that so many celebrities have realized they can be actresses AND moms, I am not pleased with the standard they have set for pregnant women in our country. While it used to be normal to gain weight while pregnant, we now have this false notion that we are supposed to be stick leg figures with round baby bumps. The reality, in my world at least, is that pregnant women gain weight everywhere- not just in their bellies- and that is normal. And I think it is pretty evident in Kristie Moore, too. This is an Olympic athlete who appears sturdy and strong and round and I love her for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A New Season
I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...
No comments:
Post a Comment