2.27.2010

Crawling Out of my Skin

4 months...15 weeks...104 days...that's the countdown til I give birth to Thumper. I don't know how I am going to last that long. In my 6th month of pregnancy, I am already crawling out of my skin. My body has started to ache, my back pops in and out, I can't bend over, etc. How am I to last another 4 months of this? And not just another 4 months, but 4 months where this uncomfortability will get increasingly worse? Eek!

Last night I went swimming in hopes of alleviating the achyness and general insanity. That was my first time swimming in years. Though I was rather bored, as I tend to be unless I am swimming a hard set, I do admit it felt good to move my body all around and to float. For the first few laps I did flip turns until I realized that maybe they weren't such a good idea! I was amused with myself...When I used to lifeguard in high school I couldn't fathom 1. what kind of people would swim at 9:30 on a Friday evening. Didn't they have a life? 2. why did old people make up their own strokes instead of swimming the normal freestyle, backstroke, butterfly and breaststroke? Ach, I was so condemning in my youth, but now I understand. When you are old and achy, you will do anything to alleviate the pain. You will go swimming at 10:00 pm on a Friday night and you will swim silly-looking strokes just because it feels good to your body. Well, my body still hurts, but I figure if I keep at swimming, it will improve my overall wellbeing.

Something else that has led to a moment of happiness in a world of discomfort is Old Navy's maternity underwear. They only had one pack of Medium high cut briefs, so I got them. They are amazing. Soo comfortable!! I went back to the store to find a pair of the thongs and bikini briefs but they didn't have any--I'll have to order online.

Could my belly really get bigger than it is? It's a scary thought. Thumper is only about 16 inches and almost 2 pounds....he has about 5 more inches and 6 more pounds to grow. Scary.

No comments:

A New Season

I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...