3.08.2010

When I Think About the Lord...

Yesterday morning we arrived at church to realize that a couple from our kinship was baptized during the first service. I was bummed to have missed it and even more bummed to realize they weren't baptizing anyone during our service. Baptism services are my favorite. I love hearing the stories of how Jesus has transformed people's lives. I love seeing people go under the water, dying to themselves, and being raised up, in Christ. I was reminded of my own baptism. It was such a sweet day. When I think about that day, I remember a packed house, filled with my new church family and my real family, who, at that point, weren't believers. I remember being scared to death and sick to my stomach and having good friends pray peace over me. I remember a perfect sermon. I remember that God told Jim Dougherty just exactly which songs to play. It was a perfect worship set. I remember my childhood friend, who had invited me to Young Life, given me my first Bible and prayed for me without ceasing, stood by my side as I went into the waters. It was such a sweet, joyful day, and I can't believe it was 6 years ago!

When I think about the Lord
How He saved me, how He raised me
How He filled me with the Holy Ghost
How He healed me to the uttermost
When I think about the Lord
How he picked me up
Turned me around
How He set my feet
On solid ground

it makes me want to shout
Hallelujah! Thank you, Jesus!
Lord, you're worthy
of all the glory, and all the honor
and all the praise!
Hallelujah! Thank you, Jesus!
Lord, you're worthy
of all the glory, and all the honor
and all the praise!

No comments:

A New Season

I haven't had this amount of unstructured time available to me in over 11 years. When Liam was born I worked part-time and finished my m...