This year I have decided I will accept the fact that I live in a cold, blustery, dreary place. If I am going to live here, I might as well be equipped for it. I've realized that part of my problem with the winter is that I have never been properly outfitted for it. When I was younger it didn't seem "cool" to wear a hat or coat, and as I got on in years I never wanted to spend money on the good outerwear. But I have made it my winter resolution to accept the cold and to deal with it by being properly outfitted. Thus, I give you:
The Dory Down Parka from Lands End. Originally $129.50. Purchased today for $67.50
Also, these bad boys from L.L. Bean are on my Christmas wish list. I hope Santa reads blogs.
1 comment:
Funny. . I was pondering the same issue a few years ago and came to the same exact conclusion.
Looking back to adolescence and young adulthood, I think I would have enjoyed winter much more had I properly outfitted myself.
I too resolved never to buy inferior outerwear or footwear just because it was cheap!
Since then, one of the best "investments" I have made is in buying high quality silk long underwear (tops & bottoms). They are so thin that they can be worn under even the tightest clothing and they definitely do not add bulk. But, boy are they warm. I especially love how they stop the blustery cold wind from penetrating my jeans!
(In my letter to Santa this year, I'll remind him how much the 'Walsh' girls like LLB & LE. And to keep up with reading your blog!)
Post a Comment